National Reference Laboratory for Mycotoxins
The Contaminant Analysis Department (KONA) of AGES, which is part of the Institute of Food Safety in Linz, has been entrusted with the tasks of the national reference laboratory for mycotoxins since 2006. In addition to classical and standardized analytical methods, innovative multi-methods by means of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) are used, which are continuously being further developed.
The Institute for Food Safety at Wageningen University (RIKILT) operates the "EU-RL for mycotoxins & plant toxins in food and feed". The national reference laboratories of the individual member states support this Community Reference Laboratory in their tasks and demonstrate their high level of competence at regular proficiency tests and workshops organized by the EU Reference Laboratory.
- Analyzing samples within the framework of food and feed control
- Performing comparative studies and providing assistance to field laboratories (routine laboratories)
- Developing and validating new analytical methods
- Support for the Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Regions and Water Management (BML) on technical issues
- Providing expert opinions and expert information
Last updated: 18.07.2022