The aim of the focus action was to examine the cosmetic products used by hairdressers, in particular imported products for coloring hair.
33 samples from all over Austria were examined. 21 samples were rejected (in some cases several times):
- One hair dye product containing 2.7 ± 0.6% p-phenylenediamine and barium peroxide (without coupler compounds) was found to be harmful to health.
- One face mask was dried out and therefore its intended use was not guaranteed
- Three samples contained the impermissible fragrance "Butylphenylmethylpropional".
- One sample contained the inadmissible oxidizing agent "sodium perborate".
- Five samples were not notified
- 21 samples due to labeling deficiencies