National Reference Laboratory for Plant Health - Bacteria
The National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Plant Health - Bacteria performs various tasks according to Art. 101 of the EU Control Regulation 2017/625 to ensure comparable and valid results in the diagnosis of plant-damaging bacteria classified as EU quarantine pests according to Regulation (EU) 2016/2031.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Identification/diagnosis of quarantine pests with recognized methods in compliance with relevant accreditation requirements (EN ISO/IEC 17025)
- Collaborating with the relevant European Union Reference Laboratory (EU-RL);
- Improving expertise through participation in EU-RL training courses;
- Demonstrating expertise through participation in EU-RL interlaboratory tests;
- Establishment and maintenance of a reference collection of plant-damaging bacteria;
- Distribution of the information provided by the EU-RL to the competent authorities;
Samples to be tested from international trade (import, domestic trade and export) or from official surveillance activities are provided by the competent Official Plant Protection Services (APSD).
Official Plant Protection Service - Regulated Pests
- Molecular genetic identification/detection of bacteria classified as quarantine pests (new pests, Union quarantine pests and protected area quarantine pests) by PCR and DNA barcoding;
- Molecular genetic identification/detection of bacteria classified as Union regulated non-quarantine pests by PCR and DNA barcoding;
Nationales Referenzlaboratorium für Pflanzengesundheit – Bakterien
- +43 50 555-33340
Last updated: 25.04.2022