National reference laboratory for equine diseases other than African horse sickness (dourine, equine infectious anaemia, all types of equine enzephalomyelitis)
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for equine diseases, with the exception of African horse sickness, is located at the Institute for Animal Health Mödling within the Division of Animal Health of AGES. The testing laboratory of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety GmbH is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 with the identification number 0452 by Accreditation Austria (Federal Ministry for Digitalization and Economic Location) for the areas listed in the notification and published at https://akkreditierung-austria.gv.at/.
These include, among others
- Cooperation with the relevant EU reference laboratory (EU-RL) and, where appropriate, other (international) NRLs of the same orientation.
- Participation in training and inter-laboratory testing provided by the EU-RL.
- Distribution of information provided by the EU-RL
- Scientific and technical support to the competent authorities in the implementation of the Multiannual National Control Plans
- Active support in diagnosis in case of disease outbreak
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Keeping strain collections, isolates and reference sera available
- Ensuring knowledge retention and generation
Last updated: 13.09.2023